Sunday, June 2, 2013

Training Presentations

ISO 9001 Implementation requires that employees be trained in the standard.  Over the years I have done many training sessions in the standard.  These sessions typically take one to two days to conduct.  After a few hours going through the standard,  I find students eyes glossing over.   Either I or the material tends to put people to sleep.  In short I don't believe that a one or two day training session is particularly effective.

To address this training effectiveness issue, I have been developing PowerPoint presentations on specific elements of the standard.  The idea is that a segment can be covered completely in an hour or less, and can keep people's attention long enough to retain the material.  It also makes sense to train in an element as implementation of that element is about to start.

At www.rosehillsystems.com, in the Tools section, you will find a link these presentations.  They cover various elements of the standard with some added insight into implementation.  At this point there are a dozen or so presentations.  I will be adding to these presentations over time, so check back periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment